Breast Feeding Difficulties When Your Baby Is Having A Stuffy Nose
Breastfeeding is a must when your baby falls ill because
- Breast milk is easy to digest when compare to formula.
- Breast milk contains antibiotics that help in quick recovery from illness.
- Breast milk helps in keeping your baby hydrated.
- Breast milk provides the baby with plenty of nutrients.
- Breast milk gives comfort to your baby.
However, breastfeeding a baby with stuffed nose is not easy. It can be very challenging. There are difficulties that you may face when you nurse a baby with stuffed nose.
The baby latches on your breast. He tries to suck. However, he finds it difficult to suck because he has to breathe through his mouth when his nose is blocked. Breathing and sucking through mouth at the same time is impossible.The baby gets upset and lets the breast to go.The baby starts to cry.When the baby cries the nasal passage becomes more congested. This makes breastfeeding more difficult.
When the baby does not feed on the breast milk, the mother too has to suffer from a lot of discomfort and pain.